There’s no better way to start the day than with some gentle stretches. People tend to wake up a little stiff and sore since fluids build up along the joints overnight. By incorporating stretches into your daily morning routine, you’ll notice increased energy, circulation, and flexibility.
This simple stretch routine can be done from the comfort of your own bed. Best of all, it takes less time than brushing your teeth, so it's perfect for those who scramble to get ready in the morning. Now let's begin awakening your muscles.
This stretch combines two stretches in one so you can get maximum results with minimal effort.
- Sitting with your legs crossed, interlock your fingers and raise them above your head. Hold for 5 seconds.
- Bend to your left side. Hold for 5 seconds.
- Bend to your right side. Hold for 5 seconds.
Relax with this deep stretch, which works your hamstrings, spine, and shoulders.
- Seated with your legs in front of you, reach for your toes.
- Hold the position for 15 seconds, focusing on inhaling and exhaling deeply.
End your stretch session with this classic yoga pose. It stretches muscles in the lower back and inner thighs and is great for those who experience back pain.
- Sit with your legs bent under you, hip width apart. Then place your palms on the ground and touch your forehead to your bed.
- Hold the pose for 30 seconds, taking deep breaths.
Modification: You can place our Four Position Support Pillow between your knees vertically and wrap your arms around the pillow during the stretch.